01 August 2008

Drinking on the Job

I'm sure I should feel guiltier about the fact that I am drinking a beer, listening to BRMC and writing a blog at work, but the truth is I don't. Gosh I hope no one I work with reads this. A new company "rule" is on Friday afternoons the fridge is stocked full of beer and we're encouraged to help ourselves. If you ride the train to work then you are really encouraged to heeeeelp yourseeeeelf. I need to change my yoga schedule so I can fully enjoy this new rule. I'm hoping my beer wears off for the 5pm class. Tipsy yoga is not fun. And I'm a light-weight so one beer will be enough for me.

Secret Machines are playing House of Blues tonight and before I was able to buy tickets for Eric and I it sold out. Then today at noon I got a call from Eric saying that BRMC is playing an unannounced acoustic show at Club Dada tonight. I scurried and got us two tickets right away. Last time they came through Dallas they did the exact same BS, only played an unannounced show. The few that were lucky enough to be in the know were the only ones who appreciated that. Fingers crossed that the show tonight is the same way and it's not packed.

Beer and BRMC equals a good Friday at work. Cheers.

No comments: