12 August 2008

ebay, my love

I too am addicted to ebay. I love it. I want to be on “my ebay” checking my selling items all day long. When I get to work in the morning the first thing I do is check my messages then my current bids and the anticipation of the drive to work makes 75 heading South all the more bearable knowing that when I click that green button on my computer and log-in a pleasant surprise is waiting. This morning that surprise was another item sold. A pair of Big Star jeans I bought from Buffalo Exchange for $19 sold for $38 plus shipping. It’s a beautiful thing.

The items I’m selling are clothes I never wear so every penny I make is all profit in my opinion. A few weeks ago I had made the mistake of bidding on a pair of Lululemon hot pink and green yoga pants and ended up winning them. I was so bummed when I tried them on to find they didn’t fit. Thinking I would be stuck with a pair of florescent pink pants of no use besides waving down aircrafts, I put them back on ebay. Four days and a couple of “watching” eyes later, they sold! $95!

Now every time I look in my closet I start to question whether I really want the things I look at. That black shirt, do I reeeeally want it? How much could I get for it? How would I advertise it? It’s like there’s an ebay voice inside my head all the time now. Eric’s side of the closet is next, although I don’t think as many guys shop on ebay as women.

So far I’ve made, not include the shipping charges, a whopping $216! And I still have 16 more items going. I think this feeling I have is what most gamblers and stock brokers have before they turn into maniacs.

2 comments:

KimDoll said...

wow, i'm super impressed! $216 right off the bat is awesome. i know exactly what you mean about eyeballing everything you own now. i've gone through my whole house (attic and all) and STILL do it.

you'd be surprised about the guys clothes, too. every piece of kevin's clothing i put on that is name brand goes. every time. and pants you can usually get away with hiking up the shipping.

wonder if buffalo exchange could work as a constant flip? ya think? i'm almost desparate now that my house is cashed out.

Michelle said...

I actually woke up this morning and couldn't find anything to wear to work. And I mean that in the literal sense and not as a women who is being picky. I need to replenish soon or I'll be naked, but with money.

If you do Buffalo right and know when they are selling something for a good price, or when they do the 50% off, you can really flip it. I think there's always a risk though because you never know who will look and like and moreso, bid!