28 July 2008

A couple of things...

First, Bowie had to go to the vet this morning because he's been running a very high temperature, not eating or drinking, unable to jump on high surfaces and literally sleeping all day long. It's been going on for about a week but I didn't really pay it too much attention. After all, Super Target, our new kitten, has totally thrown Bowie's schedule off. I thought he was just tired from playing all day with a 2 pound fur ball of a tornado. Then last night, to my horror, he couldn't jump on the bed, wouldn't eat Fancy Feast, and for anyone who has a cat you know they're sick when they turn that smelly sh#t down, and was burning up. We decided to wait until the vet opened this morning rather than spending the double-price at the ER vet. So at 7am Bowie and I sat in the waiting room for the vet to look at him. Turns out the kitten carried a virus that he was immune to, but Bowie wasn't. Bowie is now on antibiotics for the next 10-days and is currently hiding under the bed where inevitably the kitten is torturing him. Poor thing. I feel like I have a sick baby at home.

Second, if you'd like to listen to Eric's new music project, The Heart Eyes Open, you can by going to www.neverbnation.com/hearteyesopen. It's a very rough copy of the demo so pardon the fact that it needs mixed again then mastered. It'll give you an idea of what he's working on. It's really good. No, really!

Lastly, I ordered a digital camera online and it should arrive any day now. Once I get it I too will be addicted to ebay. I can't wait. I have a closet full of clothes that I'm certain can make me some money, plus all the random household stuff we don't want/need/or use. I can't wait to start. Once I get some capital I'm going to start yard selling and get some more business going that way. Now, if I could only limit myself to selling and not buying...

7 comments:

KimDoll said...

Oh, you know you're speaking my language. I made $80 last week!!! I'm so happy.

I'd love love love to go garage saling with you. Just let me know when and where! I tried Dot's the other day, but I think they might still be a bit too expensive. Or else, I just need time to really browse (wo a 2-year old hanging on me)...

Michelle said...

You truly have inspired me to sell on ebay. I've thought about doing it for a while and nows the time! I will totally let you know when I start yard selling. I need to sell a few things first to get some $$. Plus its so darn hot right now that I might just wait til end of August to start up. I'll let you know. Dot's is great but for flipping it and making a profit you'd have to choose just right with what you buy. Management there now knows how to price things. When I first started shopping there they had no idea the gems that were in their store. Someone told them. Bummer.

KimDoll said...

Yeah, that's what I'm finding with Dot's. I can already tell it won't be enough of a flip to be worth it. For now, I've found my mom's house to go through. heh, heh, heh.

I agree on the heat too. Definitely not my thing.
Sept my BF is getting married so I'll be super tied up with that. Still, try me anyway. To be honest, I'm so hooked on ebay now I don't think we can AFFORD for me to stop. :)

Michelle said...

Well I must say I am super impressed and inspired by your ebay victories. If I can bring in even a couple of extra bucks a month it'd be great. I'll let you know next time I go garage selling. I just got my digital camera yesterday so hopefully I can get some stuff sold asap.

Are we cheap or just frugal?

KimDoll said...

I like to consider it creative. I get such a high from finding us new ways to make more of our money. It's fun!

I'm really not making too much, but enough to most likely finance my maid of honor duties (shower, dress, flower girl dress, etc.). Then after that, hopefully curtains???? If frugal gets me cake and curtains, then frugal I be. :)

Good luck on your bids! If you have ?s, let me know.

Michelle said...

Keep your phone near you because I'll definitely have questions.

Mmmmm cake.

KimDoll said...

First tips:

Start low. Lower than you actually want to get.

End them on a weekend. Sunday afternoons are great. If you have too many to post all on one day (like I do sometimes), you can pay 10-cents to schedule its start (and therefore) end time. It's worth it, trust me.

I am so hoping you'll ask me questions. I'm serious. Call me. I'd LOVE to gab about ebay. (Yes, I'm officially THAT nerd.)