25 June 2008

Austin's awesome snowcones

A few weekends ago Eric and I took a road trip to Austin to be with some friends, have a little fun and most of all: relax. I knew before leaving Dallas that by the end of the weekend, if not by Saturday, we would both want to pack our bags and relocate there.

If I could create a city that is perfect for me, Austin would have most of what I'd put in it - sunshine, hills/landscape, activities, community, water, culture, music, food, family-friendly places, dogs everywhere, kyaking, hiking, camping, good Mexican food and by far what Austin does the best of that I've ever had - SNOWCONES!

I seriously think they put crack in the styrofoam cups. The way I described the snowcones in Austin to the man working in the little white trailer parked off Barton Springs near Lamar: "It's like what every skier wants to sky on, but in a cup, with syrup."

2 comments:

Missie Rose said...

yeah!!!!

Michelle said...

Seriously, the wedding cake snowcone with cream.... sssaaaaahhh good!