22 September 2008

broke & bloated

This past weekend I knew I was about to start youknow. Aunt Flow was heading to town. This would explain my craving for white trash mix. This would also explain why I am so very bloated to the point that I feel like I need to pee every few minutes. This also explains why everything can and does piss me off. Like the Excel spreadsheet I was working on a minute ago. You know you're pms'ing when a Microsoft program makes you want to scream. When I get my youknow I am either really tired and soar or very alert and very edgy. Neither is desirable but one is definitely far better than the other, being the pissed-off-at-the-world-me.

Also this past weekend I knew I was about to start my youknow because all I wanted to do, next to eat white trash, was shop, shop, shop! We went to Target to look at, which right there is laugh-worthy because there is no "looking" at Target, there is only buying and a lot of it. We went to look at mattress topppers, you know those foam things that look like a hundred eggs could sit comfortably in? I dont know if you know this but they make some very fancy, and expensive, egg crates. The one we ended up getting is incredible. I think you could lay it on concrete and still sleep like a baby. It's about 4 inches thick and feels like you're laying on angel's wings. While in the bedding section, which is amazing at Target!!!, we glanced at duvets and bed spreads. Of course there is no "glancing" at Target, there is only getting. Which is what we did. It was half-off which was justification enough to grab it.

That's not all. Earlier that morning I woke up early like I always seem to do on the only day of the week I am allowed to turn off my ringer and sleep until I want to. I did what any other person on a Saturday morning at 8:30am should do - garage sales. I could not believe how many of them I found. It's seems that when you only take out $20 at the ATM are the garage selling days that you find every garage seller's dream sales. Which I did. I got two new Z Gallery vases for $8, a silverware set (missing a few pieces here-and-there but who cares!?) from an estate sell for $10, a Christmas tree for $5 (yes, I did think this through) and best of all the last one I stopped at for sheer hee-haw-sake I got a TV stand we've needed for a while now, for $40. It's actually a kitchen wine/cheese thingy that only fancy people actually use for that and its really nice.

All-in-all the weekend was awesome although today I have been feeling even more bloated and after checking our bank account online we are even more broke. Or is it broker. We're the brokest for sure.

No comments: